23) Situationally use air-gapped devices which are not connected to the internet, to carry sensitive activities. This is the only fail-safe way to completely protect a device and the data it stores from hackers and other adversaries from accessing nonphysically.
22) Connecting to the internet while using a burner phone that was purchased with cash will allow complete (100 percent) anonymity online – this is how to become untraceable with mobility. But logging into accounts connected to your identity will potentially break that fully anonymous status.
21) Make it a habit of only using privacy-focused browsers. The best option is Tor, a browser that routes internet traffic through a network of servers, making it more difficult to track a user’s online activities – a basic yet powerful method of how to be untraceable. Brave is a more user-friendly option.
019) Utilize zero-knowledge proofs. This is a cryptographic technique that allows two parties to prove the validity of information without revealing the actual information. This can be useful for operatives who need to authenticate their identity or prove their credentials without revealing sensitive information.
018) Set honeypots. This is a technique in which operatives set up fake online identities or systems to attract the attention of their targets and distract them from their real activities. This can help you to gather information or to mislead their targets.
17) Use social media to misdirect your actual locations and personal events. Such as posting you’re in a certain location but you’ve already left / were never there or have just left.
15) Use Monero XMR whenever possible for sending and receiving payments if credit cards can be avoided. This is currently the most anonymous and untraceable method of finance available.
14) Delete or alter the metadata of files you upload to the internet, most notably photos which often states the location of where the photo was taken. Or create a different file type of the photo then upload.
13) Use encrypted messaging apps such as Signal, Telegram or Session. This can protect the confidentiality of messages and calls, making it more difficult for others to intercept / eavesdrop on communications or track your digital locations.
11) Avoid connecting to free / public Wi-Fie networks that don’t require passwords. These are often honeypots, created to be used for hacking unsuspecting devices when they access the network.
10) Use encrypted communication methods: Use encrypted messaging apps, email services, and virtual private networks (VPNs) to protect your communications from prying eyes.
9) Create isolated email accounts each used only for specific purposes, not connected to each other. For example, your primary email used only for banking, another email for social media and others for signing up for random services online.
7) Avoid public / secure areas of known surveillance / security cameras to minimize your face being collected and analyzed for facial recognition systems – or use a hat or other face coverings to obscure your facial features if avoidance is not possible.
6) Data Diversion: This technique involves redirecting data through multiple servers or networks to make it more difficult for others to track the source of the data. This can be useful for operatives who need to hide their online activities or protect the confidentiality of their communications.
5) Use virtual private networks for all your internet connected devices. VPNs encrypt internet traffic and can hide a user’s IP address, making it more difficult for others to track your online activities. To take it a step further, purchase VPN access using XMR and with no identifying information when registering.
3) Create pseudonyms or backstopped identities for engaging in online activities. This separates your online identity from your real-world identity and makes it difficult to impossible to be traced.
2) As not using the internet whatsoever is not ideal for most people, actively and deliberately reducing your digital footprint as much as possible can go a long way of becoming untraceable online.
1) By not using the internet is the only totally complete way of how to become untraceable online – as there’s no digital / internet footprint to trace.